There is Hope

There is Hope

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Melting Hearts in the Land of Oz

Last night I was sitting on the floor holding my 3-year-old daughter on my lap. We were watching "The Wizard of OZ" and it was getting past my bedtime. Working first-shift I have to get up at 4:30 in the morning so my bedtime generally runs earlier than my kids'.
We had just gotten past the point where Dorothy and the Lion succumb to the "poison poppies" and drifted off to a seemingly eternal sleep when I whispered in my little ones ear "Emma, it's time for daddy to go to sleep now too. I have to get up in the morning and go to work." She looked at me very forlorn and said in the sweetest voice "But then I will be sad." When I asked her why she said, "Because my heart will miss you."

These are the moments that melt a father's heart. It was at that moment that I realized how special this moment was.

No comments: